As the hands and feet of Jesus Christ, we seek to meet physical and spiritual needs of those experiencing homelessness and disadvantages in the Boulder area. Through shared food, shared faith, and shared fellowship, we encourage all in the Lamb's Ministry community to grow closer to Jesus.
- Lamb's Cafe
- Reaches out to the Boulder community by offering a full breakfast. Prayers are offered for those in need, who sense God's presence here each time they come.
- Thursdays mornings at 8:00 a.m., September thru mid-June.
- Lamb's Lunch
- A no-cost lunch to low income or homeless guests. The participating churches make new relationships and new friendships that grow in a special and exciting way. Lamb's Lunch shares the walk with Christ, prays for individual needs, and builds new friendships while offering food.
- Saturday mornings at 10:00 a.m., lunch served at noon, November thru Palm "Saturday" (Saturday immedaitely before Palm Sunday).
- Lamb's Jeans
- Clothing is given out to guests at the Lamb's Lunches on the third Saturday of the month, plus the Haircuts for the Holidays and Boulder Footwash.
- Clothing provided includes jeans, long underwear, socks, hats, gloves, and hygiene items (e.g., razors, shampoo, toothbrush kits, combs, etc...).
- Haircuts for the Holidays & Boulder Footwash
- Season opening and ending celebrations for the Lamb's Lunch, activities include foot washing, haircuts, manicures, clothing give-away, and more!
- Haircuts for the Holidays is the third Saturday of November.
- Footwash is the last Saturday of Lamb's Lunch on Palm "Saturday".
- Personal Prayer And Spiritual Direction - By arrangement.
- Leadership Meetings
How You Can Join Us In Ministry
For Lamb's Lunch - Served on Saturdays at noon, with doors opening at 10 a.m., and food prep starting as early as 8 a.m, this is an opportunity to help cook and serve a no-cost lunch to our low income or homeless guests. Here also is a great opening to share your walk with Christ, pray for individual needs, and build new friendships while serving food and the Lord!
For the Lamb's Cafe - Reach out to the Boulder community by offering a steaming hot cup of coffee and a fresh bagel. Open Thursday at 8 a.m., with food prep starting as early as 6:00 a.m., this is a marvelous way for our participating churches to make new relationships. Each week the coffee "stirs" up more new friendships that grow in a special and exciting way. We pray for those in need, who sense God's presence here each time they come.
To Volunteer - Contact us at (303) 335-9771 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We carry general liability insurance for the protection of our volutneers.
For More Information - Review our brochure, our volunteer training manual and our volunteer hints to prepare yourself to serve.
We are a tax-free, non-profit 501(c)-3 organization. At present we recruit all of our core volunteers from our homeless participants. Our operating expenses are not large but we do have them. We appreciate your help, donations are gracefully accepted, and if requested a tax receipt can be provided. Thank you.
The Lamb's Ministry
c/o Grace Commons Church
1820 15th St.
Boulder, CO 80302
Above all, this ministry is built on prayer. We greatly desire your participation in seeking God as He guides this work.
- October 2022: Our 2022/23 season is beginning and we will be continuing run in our modified form of hot, to-go meals (and often sack lunches too). Our Saturday lunches ended in early-April without the Footwash for another year, while our Thursday Cafes do continue thru the summer. We are hopeful that we can return to indoor, sit-down meals in the 2023/24 season.
- May 2022: With the pandemic still with us across both the 2020/21 and 2021/22 seasons we have been continuing run in our modified form. Our Saturday lunches ended in mid-April without the Footwash for another year, while our Thursday Cafes do continue. We continue to monitor the pandemic situation for the fall.
- November, 2020: Both the Cafe and Lunch are up and running again for another season, though in a modified form due to the continuing pandemic. We have been serving coffee and snacks with the Deacon's Closet on Thursday morning across the street at the Annex. We are now serving a hot, to-go lunch on Saturdays from 11:30 a.m. to noon, and will shortly be starting to serve a hot, to-go breakfast on Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m., both in the church's North Courtyard.
- May, 2020: Our host church, First Presbyterian Church, where all of our activities occur is now Grace Commons Church. Same church, same mission, same values, but a new name.
- Lamb's Lunch, March 16, 2020.
- Haircuts for the Holidays, November 16th, 2019
- Boulder Footwash, April 13th, 2019
- Haircuts for the Holidays, November 10th, 2018
- Boulder Footwash, March 24th, 2018
- Boulder Footwash, April 8th, 2017
- Lamb's Lunches 2015-2016.
- Boulder Footwash, March 23th, 2013.
- Lambs' Lunch, January 7th, 2012.
- Sit Down Meal, February 26th, 2011.
- Boulder Footwash, March 27th, 2010.
- Sit Down Meal, December 12th, 2009.
- Boulder Footwash, April 4th, 2009.
- Lambs' Lunch, November 1st, 2008
- Boulder Footwash, March 15th, 2008.
- Lambs' Lunch, November 3rd, 2007
- Do you have pictures you want to share? Contact us (see to the left).
- Boulder Footwash 2017, Brianna Cote, April 2017
- Missions: The Lamb's Cafe Meal Team, First Pres Boulder Quarterly, January 2017
- Touching Hearts, One Stomach At A Time, Elsi Dodge, March 2014
- Touching Hearts, Changing Lives, Elsi Dodge, February 2014
- Who Was Blessed (2013 Footwash), Elsi Dodge, March 2013
- Overflowing At The Lamb's Lunch, First Presbyterian Church Flame, January 2013
- Not only my feet, but also my hands and head, Steve Rees, April 2012.
- Caring for others, 17th Annual Boulder Footwash First Presbyterian Church Flame, April 2012.
- Lamb's Ministry helps poor to a place at church's Thanksgiving table, Steve Rees, November 2011.
- Numbers, neighbors, and the Name of Jesus: The 2011 Footwash Celebration, First Presbyterian Chruch Flame, June 2011.
- Building up to the 15th annual Boulder Footwash, First Presbyterian Church Flame, April 2011.
- The Story of Christmas, Elsi Dodge, December 2010.
- Lamb's Lunch Starting Strong at First Pres, First Presbyterian Church Flame, January 2011.
- Beautifying Boulder, First Presbyterian Church Flame, May 2010.
- Lamb's Ministry Friends, First Presbyterian Church Flame, November 2009.
- Missions Accomplished, First Presbyterian Church Flame, May 2009.
- Gracious Gifts, Graciously Received, Elsi Dodge, April 2009.
- Angels Unaware, First Presbyterian Church Flame, March 2009.
- Sunshine and Brats at The Lamb's Lunch, First Presbyterian Church Flame, December 2008.
- Counting Blessings at The Footwash, First Presbyterian Church Flame, May 2008 (left column).
- Boulder Footwash Touches Hearts, Boulder Daily Camera, March 23, 2008.
- Angel Alert, First Presbyterian Church Flame, March 2003 (left column).
- Feeding The Body and Soul, First Presbyterian Church Flame, October 2007.